CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Still waiting.....

Well, I would have thought I would have some good news by now but alas as my luck would have it, there seems to be another bump in the road. It seems that the US Embassy is not issuing appointments very expeditiously in March. Usually when a family receives the notification that they have an appointment, they travel withing a week. Families this past week that received appointment notifications, do not actually have their appointments until the last week of March. This is a 4 week turnaround. We all knew that the Embassy wasn't issuing appointments for the third week but now it appears that there aren't any appointments the 2nd week either. The the first week in April is the week before Easter which is Semana Santa (Holy Week) in Guatemala. Supposedly the Embassy should be open Mon-Wed for appointments but who knows. It just seems that the delays continue.

On the bright side, if I don't go to pickup Evvy until the middle of April, I will just take off until after our family reunion and Evvy's 1st birthday (June 6) which means I will actually have 2 weeks instead of 1 week paid time off during my FMLA. I had planned to save a week so I could take off for the family reunion since I expected my FMLA to be over before the family reunion. That is my silver lining I guess. I know it will just all work out and be wonderful no matter when she comes home but the roller coaster of emotions is really getting to me. I was so high after getting out of PGN until this past Thursday when I saw the huge delays in Embassy appointments.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers please so that Evvy can be home soon. I just worry that as more time passes that her adjustment will be more difficult. She is so loved and attached to her foster family. They say that if a child has a strong attachment that it is often easier for them to transfer that attachment to their new parents. I hope this is true for my baby girl.

Hopefully I will have good news soon!
Susan

1 comments:

Mindy said...

I am praying you get PINK soon and can get her home. She is such a beautiful little girl!!! Enjoy the bows....they will look BEAUTIFUL in her hair!
Hugs