CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 31, 2007

The list is getting shorter

Finally sitting down to breath tonight. I went and got new tires on the car this morning. Not an expense I really wanted to have but they were pretty bad and with baby on board, I wanna make sure we are safe. The car rides so much better and is so much quieter now. I ran a bunch of errands also (exchanging some stuff, picking up a couple of new things). I restrained myself on a VERY cute sundress and bonnet at Babys R Us. I may still go back and get it but I didn't have my Babys coupons with me as I was just going in to exchange a thermometer. I had bought a $20 digital "ear" thermometer. I decided to test it out and within a 5 minute period it read my temperature from 99 to 103 degrees. Not really the kind of accuracy I would have expected. But I am glad I tested it out before I really need it to be accurate. So I decided to go with a much less expensive thermometer. It is Red Cross brand so it should be good. I'll be testing it out.

I also rented a Rug Doctor and just finished cleaning the carpets in the house. I am glad that I don't have carpet in every room. It is a lot of work getting everything off the floor, vacuuming and then cleaning. I guess tomorrow will be spent putting everything back where it belongs. But then I will have checked two things off of the list--clean carpets and clean house!

Next weeks tasks:

  • Call pediatrician for appointment
  • Call parents as teachers to get enrolled
  • Make copies of visit trip DVD and pictures

The list is getting shorter as the days grow shorter. Thankfully time is going by pretty quickly. Work is going well. My replacement is really picking up on the testing very well and I am confident that she will do a great job. The good thing about being in the testing phase at work is that the days just fly. I can't believe that there are only 9 more days of work!!! Don't get me wrong, I do LOVE my job but I LOVE my daughter more and she is my #1 priority now. Thinking back on the past 10 years it is interesting to see how my priorities and focus have changed. I used to really be a workaholic. Now I focus on doing my job the best that I can in the amount of time that I have at work. I don't bring work home much anymore. I am on-call for support but the system has been pretty stable and the users are more comfortable with it so I don't get many after hours calls anymore. That could change after the June rollout to the rest of the center but hopefully we have enough experienced people that will make the transition go smoothly. I hope so as I will miss the first week after go live.

I am now going to put my feet up and relax. Maybe pull out a quilt to do some handwork. Maybe I should go ahead and get the label sewed onto the quilt I am taking to the foster family.

Still hoping for an email from J this weekend. It has been almost 2 weeks since I have heard from them. Of course, this happens periodically when she gets busy with school, the computer goes down or her brother needs the computer. Hoping all is well in Guatemala with my little angel girl.

Susan

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Your "To-Do" list is getting smaller and smaller...which means picking up your baby is just getting closer and closer:)