CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Glimmer of Hope

This past week has been pretty rough. The uncertainty was really getting to me and my agency's attitude of "don't worry" was annoying me. Yesterday I decided I would take care of Susan. After doing some house work, I went and got a massage at the local beauty college. Then I went to a hillarious movie (Music & Lyrics) and laughed for 2 hours. Then I went to my dear friend Peggy's house to drop some hairbows off to Erica along with 2 Spanish children's song CDs that Erica likes. OK well she really likes one song called Chocolate (and who wouldn't love a song about the best food in the world). I needed my dose of Erica. She just makes me smile so much. After leaving Peggy's I went to eat at my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Soon after I got there Erica says, "Let's go get baby Evvy now. I will go get dressed and then let's go get her." It just broke my heart a little. She just doesn't understand. All she knows is that she wants this friend that she has only met in pictures and video to come home and play with her. We explained as best we could that it would be soon.

I felt pretty relaxed and recharged after my day of pampering. So I got home and went through my ritual of checking my email before going to bed (of course I usually check it about 100 times a day while I am there) and what should I receive? A wonderful email from J. This girl has been my saving grace the past 8 months. She has sent me so many pictures and shared such wonderful information about my dear daughter with me so that I feel like I know what to expect when I go pick her up. Well speaking of picking her up.... J told me that her mother received a call Saturday that she needs to take Evvy to the doctor and to get her passport on Tuesday!!!!!! That is the news I have been waiting for. It would have been nice if my agency were able to provide it to me but at least I don't have to wait for my agency to find out before I know the wonderful news.

I was so excited I had a hard time sleeping last night. She is finally soooo close to coming home. The next step after she gets her passport (usually takes 1 day) is for all of the paperwork to be submitted to the US Embassy for their review. This used to take 48 hours but it has been taking 1-3 weeks lately it seems. After they review the paperwork, they issue our appointment date. Since appointments seem to be pushed out until at least April right now, I think the soonest I would travel would be the first week of April. There can still be obstacles if the Embassy has lost our initial pre-approval that was issued last June (this seems to happen some of the time). It then takes a day or two to get that straightened out. However, after Tuesday the Guatemala portion is DONE!!!!! All the attorney has to do is take the papers to the Embassy. Let's see if he can get that done expeditiously. Maybe I am hoping for too much her. He hasn't done anything very expeditiously so far but I will maintain the hope.

J sent 3 new pictures of my dear daughter. Her email said that Evvy does NOT like to be standing. Does not like to be in her walker. Her aunt brought over a jumper and she liked it for a few minutes until she was left alone and then she just started crying to be picked up. J's mom said that maybe Evvy senses that she is about to leave and is feeling insecure. Maybe subconsiously she knows something is different and is becoming more clingy. Or maybe she is teething and just wants to be held more. I hope the transitition isn't too difficult for my little girl.

I took a couple of pictures with my tripod to send to J to show Evvy. I also made two short video clips with my digital camera. One of them is Erica and I with Erica saying hi to baby Evvy and to introduce herself to her. I am helping Erica say everything in Spanish. She is a pretty good mimicker. It is pretty cute. Then I did another short one of me holding my baby cat Bella and just talking to Evvy and telling her that I love her. Maybe if they can show her the pictures and video clips she will remember me and won't be as scared to come with me if I sound familiar.

Anyway, here are the newest Evvy pictures.



Susan

0 comments: