CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 06, 2007

One week to go!

I can't believe I can finally say, 1 week to go! I only have 4 more days of work and then I am off to bring my precious little girl home forever. I teared up a little today when I was telling someone that I would have her in my arms one week from tomorrow and never had to give her back.

Last weekend I cleaned the carpets and got new tires on the car. This past Tuesday I got rearended so I have been dealing with insurance companies which is not very fun. Luckily there is very little damage to the back bumper (at least visibly). I will have an insurance adjuster look at it next week and decide if I need a new bumper or not. I want to make sure I get the alignment checked since I just had that done last Saturday. The biggest pain (litterally) is my neck and shoulders are pretty sore and I have a constant headache. I went to the chiropractor and got x-rays and have had 2 adjustments so far. I will probably need to go a few more times to get back to feeling like new. Just want to feel 100% or close by next weekend.

Last night Peggy and I laid out all of Evvy's clothes and other stuff to take with me. Tonight I put it in a suitcase. I was hoping to take my smaller suitcase but I think I am going to end up needing my bigger one to take my stuff too. I also have a quilt I am taking to the foster family which takes up 1/2 of the smaller case.

Tonight and tomorrow I am doing laundry and probably some last minute errands. I can't believe how ready I am. I only have a few small things left on my list which all relate to the trip and things I am taking or need to get ready to take.

Mom and dad should be at my sister's house by now (in Nebraska) and they will be at my house by Wednesday or Thursday. We will then have Friday to rest and get ready and then we are off bright and early to the airport next Saturday morning.

I made a countdown chain for Peggy's kids the other night. Erica is getting pretty impatient for baby Evvy to come home. We have been saying "she is coming home soon" for so long that she told Peggy this week, "baby Evvy is coming home." Peggy said, "yes, baby Evvy is coming home soon." Erica replied, "NO NOT SOON!" Peggy said, "yes soon" Erica was very upset and Peggy asked her if she wants baby Evvy to come today and Erica said, "YES today." Hopefully having the visual of the chain getting shorter she will understand when Evvy will be home. She is so excited to play with Evvy and watch Baby Einstein DVDs with her. She is really excited to go swimming at the waterpark with Evvy. Of course, I am too! They are going to be great pals. Erica just bounces with excitement when she talks about her little friend coming home. It is really touching.

OK, off to eat dinner and then do some more laundry.

Happy Easter!
Susan

0 comments: