CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Minutes keep ticking down!

One day closer to Guatemala and Baby Evvy. Mom and dad are supposed to arrive tomorrow and I am sure things will go faster once they are here. I think this week has gone by the slowest of the last year.

I had a nice treat tonight when my friends Mike & Julie came over with their two girls Katelynn and Hannah. They brought Hannah home from Guatemala back in November when I was visiting Evvy. It was so wonderful to see how well Hannah has transitioned and settled into this wonderful loving family. Her big sister just adores her and she adores her sister. Katelynn really makes Hannah laugh and smile. I am taking a photo book and DVD down to Hannah's former foster family. I was able to meet the foster family and translate for Julie & Mike when the foster mother and family brought Hannah to the hotel. It will be neat to see her again and be able to tell them how happy Hannah is in her new family.

I received an email from some friends in the Chicago area that used the same agencies as me to let me know that they are finally home with their two beautiful daughters from Guatemala. They are 11 months old and had a rough few days but seem to be settling in well. Welcome home to Danee & Jim's girls!

I finally received an email from J last night. Their internet is not working again so she emailed me from an internet cafe (probably after school). Evvy is doing well. She started moving around in her walker the last couple of weeks. She has also started mimicking words like mama and "nena/e" (little girl and boy). I hope they are showing her my picture when they tell her to say mama. It is going to be so hard for the foster family and I expect Evvy will probably have some anxiety and transition too. Her whole world is being changed. I just hope and pray that she feels how much I love her and makes the transition without too much stress. We are going to go to dinner with the foster family either Saturday or Sunday which will be nice so that we can visit a little more in a less stressful situation. I am hoping to do the dinner on Saturday so that Evvy doesn't have to go through the separation further into our trip. I am glad that mom and dad will be there to help support me in this great event.

I will write some more about my feelings about these wonderful foster families another time. They are truly wonderful people.

Susan

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Have a wonderful time picking up your baby! I'm sorry I will not be able to meet you since I am not going down anymore. Enjoy that beautiful baby girl!!!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

It wont be long now! Im so happy for you!! Much love, Jennifer