CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 15, 2007

We are family!







Hola from Guatemala!Mom, Dad, and I had a very early start yesterday morning. We were up shortly after3am and left for the airport right before 4am. It was raining and then it startedsnowing as we got closer to the airport. Our flight was delayed 40 minutes out of Kansas City because they had to de ice the airplane. We arrived at our gate in Houston right as they started boarding so it all turned out fine. It was a bitof a madhouse in Guatemala getting luggage recovered. There were 2 or 3 medicalmissions coming down and they had LOTS of stuff. Subsequently two of our bags didn´tarrive. I warned mom to pack a change of clothes in my carryon but she didn´t sothey had extra shoes and some of their personal items in the bag that arrived. My big suitcase with my clothes and all of the baby stuff arrived but my suitcaseof gifts did not arrive. I was a little worried but they assured us they would arrive on the flight last night and sure enough they did and they brought them tothe hotel about 9:30 this morning. I think dad is feeling a little more human nowthat he has had a shave.OK. Now to the part you really want to hear about. The lawyer called from the lobbyabout 2¨10 right after I had changed clothes and said he was there with the paperworkto go over and that the family would be coming soon. The foster family arrived about 2:45. Evvy is so beautiful. She has grown so much but she is still a baby.She is absolutely wonderful. We sat in the lobby for almost 2 hours visiting. I gave the foster mom plenty of time to say her goodbyes. It was very hard for her and her daughter and son. Mom and dad took some video and pictures. Finallywe said goodbyes and there were a few tears shed. Evvy came to me just fine anddidn´t cry. She cried when we got up to the room and looked around and didn´t seethe foster mom. She was pretty sleepy so I rocked her and she went to sleep. Ilaid down on the bed with her on my chest for a while til she was sound asleep andthen laid her in the crib. She had a little confusion waking up. We went out walkingand to dinner and she was wonderful. She came home and was a little fussy but settled right in.Today she has been perfect. She is happy and smiley and eating well. She is nappingright now which is why I came down to the computer quickly.I am attaching a few pictures and will post more on my blog when I can.




Susan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan:

I never leave comments on blogs - but I could not resist this time. Evvy is so adorable and you look so incredibly happy!! I am really glad you posted quickly upon arrival because now my weekend is made!!! Kisses to your sweetie, Sherie (aka CEB)

a said...

Such sweet pictures of the new family!!! Congrats, friend and all that. Can't wait to see you & that little precious girl.

Natalie said...

Congratulations! Evvy is just beautiful!