CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 17, 2007

First tooth!


I received an email from J in Guatemala today. I had sent them an email when I found out that the case was out of PGN. I debated on whether to tell them or not but just the way this case has gone I figured the attorney might not tell them until a couple of days before they had to bring her to me. They have been so good to Evvy and me by sending me pictures and updates that I felt like they deserved to know sooner rather than later so that they could prepare themselves.


J told me how hard it will be for them to not have Evvy with them anymore but that it is better that she goes sooner rather than later because it gets harder for the children and the families as the children get older. I told her that we would definitely keep in touch. I might have to get a webcam so they can talk to each other. I think it is somewhat comforting to them to know that we will stay in touch. They have been caring for Evvy since she was two weeks old and she is now 8 1/2 months old. She will have been with them almost 9 months when she comes home. I can't imagine how difficult that will be for them. What a bitter sweet job.


Anyway, here are two pictures that J sent me showing Evvy's first tooth coming in. Her hair is coming in too! Maybe I will be able to put a clippy in it. My friend Brenda bought her some headbands today so she will have something on her almost bald head :)


Enjoy!

Susan

1 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Susan
You so kindly sent me your blog via adoption forum a couple of months ago. I lost it, and just found it again. Evvy is BEAUTIFUL. Congratulations on being out of PGN, how marvelous.
Kate