CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Evvy Update

Received an email from J in Guatemala. She sent me two pictures of Evvy that were taken today. In addition, she told me that they took her to the "agency" to have her pictures taken so I should have some more pictures in the next few days. I sent clothes down recently and sent a really cute (I think) dress. She told me that they dressed her in the dress for the agency pictures today. I can't wait to get them.

I sent J the link to my blog and pictures and she said that she and her mom enjoyed looking at them this week. I also sent some pictures of one of our recent snow storms. Her comment, "wow, it is amazing the amount of snow!" I agree.

The pictures that she sent me today were taken when they were feeding her banana and cereal. She tells me that Evvy doesn't really like the fruits and sweets but prefers the saltier foods (veggies & meats). She tells me that Evvy is now sitting up and likes to be sitting up. She is pulling up to standing position a little and she screams a lot (joyful screams). She gets mad if no one is paying attention to her. When others laugh, she laughs with them. She says that she pays attention to everything and is very bright. J started taking some classes so she doesn't have as much time to write but assures me she will write and send pictures on the weekends.

I am so grateful for the wonderful contact I have with the family that is taking such good care of Evvy. She told me today that they love her so much. It will be difficult when Evvy leaves as I am sure it is whenever a child leaves their home (they have been fostering many years). It just gives me comfort to know she is so loved and hopefully it will help in her transition home to me since she has never been neglected and had all of her needs met and then some.

Now if we can just get her out of PGN! I have found out a lot of information this week about the process and what has NOT been happening on the case but hopefully things are back on track now. I just have to keep believing and keeping the faith that she will be home in my arms soon.

Susan


2 comments:

Kim said...

She is so cute. You are very lucky to have that contact with the foster family. Our FM was wonderful, but they didn't have internet access so they couldn't send us updates. Luckily we got great updates from our agency. I hope you get good news soon!!

a said...

She is STILL a beauty!!!