CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Winding Down

Well, here we are at Dec 28th. PGN seems to be open this week. I have seen a few cases signed out for other people but unfortunately I haven't received "the call" yet. Tomorrow will be the last day to get out of PGN this year. I am not optimistic but I know it is getting close.

I am having such a hard time sleeping lately. I was up until 3am today and then when I laid down my mind just started going a million miles a minute. Mostly about Evvy and the adoption process but work did squeeze in a little bit last night too. I have been off for almost 3 weeks and I will be going back next Tuesday (next year!). Not really dreading it, just know there will be a lot to do. I'm not looking forward to the "do you know anything yet?" questions starting again. That has been a nice part of the vacation is that I haven't had to hear that question at all. I have pretty much kept to myself or with Peggy's family or with my other friends that are in the process or have just recently completed their adoptions. They all know better than to ask the question.

Part of the reason I was up late last night was that I wanted to upload some pictures. To see them, click on the "My Pictures" link in the sidebar. I created a Misc Pictures album that has pictures of our big snow storm, my baby shower, making gingerbread houses, Parker's (Peggy's son) Christmas Posada school play and Christmas morning.

Evvy's foster family emailed me last week that their computer was functional again and sent one picture (taken in October). It is really sweet but I am really craving a new picture. I requested one in her Christmas outfit but haven't heard from them since last week. I hope computer didn't crash again.

A frien of mine who just brought her daughter home last week, received free tickets to a dinner theater yesterday. She invited me and we had a really nice time. The play was very entertaining and the food was fabulous!

I am also working on painting my kitchen. I just have one corner (behind the stove) left to complete. I guess I better stop avoiding and get back to it. Need to finish washing wall and get the primer on it. I am hosting quilt night tonight so it woujld be nice if the kitchen were put back in the kitchen prior to that. My dining room table is pretty full right now. I also want to clean out and rearrange the cupboards to make room for baby stuff!

I will check back in before the end of the year if I get "the call." Otherwise I will probably start the new year off with a post.

Susan

1 comments:

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Happy New Year! I'm jealous as hell that you got 3 weeks off in a row. Lucky, lucky you.