CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe it is Christmas already. This has been a very calm season for me. Having the last 2 weeks off of work has been nice and relaxing. I have got a lot of things accomplished.

In preparation for Christmas I baked some cookies and made 4 different types of candy. I always enjoy making it so that I can give it away. On Thursday, I went to Peggy's house and made gingerbread houses with her 3 kids. We have simplified the last couple of years and used graham crackers instead of baking the real ginerbread house pieces. The kids sure do enjoy making the houses. Couldn't have anything to do with all the candy! I can't wait until Evvy is big enough to make her first gingerbread house.

This is only my second Christmas in my life that I haven't spent it with family. I really had hoped to have Evvy home this year so I hadn't made any plans. I am remarkably upbeat though and hoping she will be home for Valentine's day or my birthday a week later.

Good news, this week I received an email from Evvy's foster family. There computer has been broken since I went down to visit so I haven't had any contact with them. I had really come to count on the email updates and occasional pictures that they would send me.

Here is the picture they sent me this week. It was taken back in October but it is still very sweet.

I sent down a little Christmas outfit and I asked the family to take a picture of her on Christmas to send to me. I hope they send it to me on Christmas. That would be the best Christmas present ever.

Evelyn has started eating fruits now according to the foster family. She continues to be healthy and happy.

Hopefully will have an update soon with a Christmas picture!

Susan

0 comments: