CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Quilt from Grandma!

A couple of months ago my mom called and said that she wanted to make my baby a "raggedy" quilt. She wanted to know what colors I wanted. I asked if she had a pattern yet. She didn't. I told her that I just happen to have a pattern that I bought at Christmas time that I was going to make if I had time. She asked me to scan it and send her the pattern. I got it all scanned and then she went to a fun new quilt store that she had discovered.

I must say that she was very nervous about the pattern. It was not just your run of the mill same size square raggedy quilt. It had all sorts of shapes and then to top it off had appliqued flowers all over it. I felt a little bad asking her to make it. She called several times to ask questions and then my sister-in-law who is a master quilter went out to visit on vacation and helped mom some.

I don't remember the exact date that mom started the quilt but it wasn't that long ago. She called last weekend and said that she had just taken it to the laundry mat and it was done. For those that don't know what a raggedy quilt is....It is made of flannel and the seams are on the outside of the quilt instead of the inside. When you wash it, the seams fray and become "raggedy" and very soft. They are really cuddly, soft quilts. I made one for one of my sister's sons and she said that he loved to "twirl" the raggedy edges in his fingers.

Anyway, I got the pictures of the quilt from mom yesterday and it is absolutely gorgeous. I am jealous of my daughters beautiful quilt. I know she will cherish it for many years (maybe even take it to college with her one day). It turned out to be almost a twin size quilt. I had no idea what I was getting my poor mother into when I sent her the pattern but she sure did a great job! I know that it was made with a lot of love for my little Evvy.














Thanks Mom (you are a great grandma!)

1 comments:

a said...

Beautiful! It is a treasure!