CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 28, 2006

A bit of Guatemala in Missouri

So this friend Julie and her husband Mike came over last week to hear about my past experiences in Guatemala. I served a mission for the LDS Church there from 1987-1988. I lived and worked among the local people. This is where my love of Guatemala came from. This is why I knew I would eventually adopt from there. I looked at a lot of different countries but everything just kept leading back to Guatemala. Not really surprising.


Anyway, I started pulling out all of my keepsakes from Guatemala and just kept finding more and more and more. My dining room looked like a booth at the Guatemala Central Marketplace. I have left a lot of it out because I have enjoyed seeing the beautiful colors and textiles again. Guatemala is a land of many colors. Some of the most talented artisans I have ever seen come from Guatemala.

Here are some pictures that I took of my keepsakes while they were displayed in the dining room. I have moved some of them back into Evvy's keepsake cupboard in the nursery and just spread more around the house. I don't know if I will be able to put them back in the trunk again.

0 comments: