CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Evvy's first care package!

I received word last week that the director of our placement agency is travelling to Guatemala in the first part of August. She takes care packages down for anyone that wants to send them. The only restriction is that it has to fit in a 2 gallon zip lock bag.

I wanted to send something to my baby girl so she could be wrapped in my love so I made her a soft blankie. It is very simple (flannel on one side and minkie on the other with a satin binding).


I washed it in with Downy Lavender and vanilla fabric softner and it just smells so good.

I am also sending 3 little outfits that I hope she will grow into. They are probably still too big on her since she is such a tiny little peanut. Then I sent a bag of chocolates and a pretty beaded bracelet for her foster mom. I also wrote a letter to her foster mom. Thanks to help from my younger brother Rob who also served a mission in Guatemala (much more recently than me). I did OK but he fixed the grammar and punctuation (accents and all that good stuff). I will post that later.

I love Evvy and can't wait to meet her!

0 comments: