CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 31, 2006

DNA test completed early!

I received an email from my social worker this morning that the DNA test was completed on Friday instead of today. I just received notification that the authorization was received on Thursday. This is excellent news to have it completed so quickly. It usually takes 4-8 months to get this completed. We are under that average as it occured 3 weeks and 1 day after I received the referral of little Evvy.

What's next? Social worker interview of Evvy's birthmother and of her foster mother. This often occurs close to the DNA testing so hopefully I will hear word on that soon.

The DNA test kit should be overnighted to Lab Corp her in the states and as soon as the test is processed, the results will be mailed to me. So hopefully in the next couple of weeks I should have the results.

The DNA results are also faxed/emailed to the US Embassy in Guatemala. The Embassy then reviews the case file again and hopefully issues "Pre-approval" which means that the case can proceed through the courts in Guatemala and then be resubmitted to the Embassy for final approval after the courts finish their process.

I truly believe I have an excellent attorney to get things moving so quickly. I just hope the process continues swiftly so I can get her home for Christmas!

Here's to a great Monday!
Susan

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found your blog very interesting. We are also and LDS family from florida and we are adopting a baby girl from Guatemala. She was also born on 6-6-06 and is named Maria Fernanda. She was 5lbs 7 oz at birth. We got the results of our DNA test on Friday. We are in family court right now. Just thought I would share with you. Good luck!!!