CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My First Craft at the Library

For the past 3 weeks I have been taking Evvy to story/craft time at the library. I know that she is a bit young for it but I want to start exposing her so that she can learn the right behavior. She LOVES the library. We pulled into the parking lot and she knew where she was and started getting excited and "talking." It was like, "come on mom, let's get in there cause they have lots of books and a nice room for me to play." I love the story time lady "Ms Sharon." She has been doing story time for many years. I used to go with P and her kids when they were younger. Last week we barely got through the short movie they show "it is a book movie" kind of like those old timey filmstrips we used to have when I was a kid. She watched it sort of tonight and then walked around "visiting" other children during the story. For the most part she was well behaved. No tantrums like last week. Then she even stayed and did the craft. OK, so mom did the craft for her. But, she let me trace her hands for the bat and she "helped" me cut it out (she tore the scraps up into tiney pieces). She helped me stick the nose on. Then she carried it around really proud and got mad when I took it away in the car (it had some choking hazards on it that I couldn't monitor with her in the back seat).

Anyway, when we got home I did snap a couple of pictures. She was pretty tired and really didn't want to cooperate. She is adicted to Plaza Sesamo (spanish sesame street) and went right for the remote control and gave me the sweetest smile so what else could I do. She hadn't been home all day and it was 8:00pm. So I sat her on the couch with her craft and you can totally tell she is trying to see around me to watch TV. Oh well. I count it as "spanish" lessons for both her and me and we do watch it together and we don't watch it every day (I TIVO it).

Then we read one book and she was so ready for bed. Mommy is ready for bed too.

Here are a couple of pictures of Evvy and her library bat.

Susan

I really want to pull the nose back off.

Ah, Plaza Sesamo!

OK Mom, move it. Trying to watch Sesamo!

3 comments:

Greta Jo said...

How cute! It looks as if you had a great time.

Kathy said...

Sounds like a fun time and I love the pic where your daughter is looking around you to see the TV!

Rebecca said...

Oh Susan...she is SO adorable!!!! That little angel is really growing!!! You're right...it does seem like yesterday we were in the hotel watching them play together. Time is flying by!! Hugs, Rebecca and Zachary