CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Musing on Making Memories

Not much going on in our busy life. I broke down and bought Miss Evvy a Halloween costume. It is pretty cute. She is going to be a lady bug. I was thinking about it today....why buy a 17 month old a costume and dress her up. She won't understand it. But then I thought, "cute pictures and memories for mommy and for her when she is grown up." Hopefully, it will make her feel happy looking back at the pictures of her childhood and making her memories. I know I loved (ok still love) looking at pictures from my childhood. I don't necessarily have the actual "memories" of the events but it helps me create my past in my mind. Does that make sense?



Anyway, my ladybug is very cute. Her personality is really coming out. Tonight, she kept running out of the bedroom when we were reading stories. Then when she would come back, I would be hiding and jump out and she would be startled and start laughing. OK, so not the ideal winding down activity but she went to bed happy. She is starting to blow kisses. When I tell her to say "night, night" to the cats, she blows them kisses.



Saturday we went to a Halloween parade around the town square. They had trick-or-treating with all the local merchants. I was going to do that but the lines were all the way around the square and it didn't look that fun. So we went to the bakery and Evvy got a cookie and mommy got a donut and then we staked out spots for the parade. Peggy and her kids met us there. The parade was fun. Miss Evvy was getting tired towards the end as it was naptime so we took the costume off but not a problem as she had a Halloween t-shirt on. She was pretty cute.



Here are some pictures from of my cutie pie. I am sure there will be more tomorrow after trick-or-treating. We will probably just go over to Peggy's and go to a few houses as my girl doesn't really know about candy yet. I'm sure I will probably give her a piece or two (or not).



Here she is.



Susan






3 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Aww...she's the cutest little ladybug. It sounds like you guys had a very fun day!!

Our Family of 5 said...

awww, the most adorable lady bug I have ever seen!

JoAnn said...

Oh, what a cute little lady bug!!! She looks adorable in her costume. The parade sounds like fun.