CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Trying to catch up...a few pictures

OK. I know I have been TERRIBLE at blogging since coming home. No excuses except that it is just so much more fun to play with my girl and truthfully the first 3 weeks I was totally exhausted by the evening when she went down to bed.

I will try to go back and fill in some of the blanks but here is a synoposis of the past 3 weeks since we came home.

Evvy has been on and off again a good sleeper. She generally goes to bed by 7:30 and has been getting up at 6:30. Then she generally takes a nap at 10:00 and 2:00. Of course these are on a good day and night. There have been many nights that she has woken up at least once at varying times. I have learned after a few rough nights that I just need to give her a bottle (4-6 oz) and she will go back to sleep pretty easily. I got lucky last night and she slept until 5:30, took 4 oz of formula and then went back to sleep until 8:30! That has never happened before. But then she decided that she didn't need a morning nap. However, she took a 2 1/2 hour afternoon nap. But then she had trouble going to sleep tonight. I will give her a little credit though. I think she is teething. Hopefully she will sleep well tonight. Mommy is sure happier when she gets a good nights sleep.

I had about a week where I was sick...heartburn, vomiting and yucky poops. I went to the doctor last Monday and she gave me a RX for the nausea and something to sprinkle on my food to help balance my intestinal bacteria. Then they had me collect some "samples" to bring in for analysis to see if I perhaps picked up something in Guatemala. My intestinal system has not been quite right since I went down in November to visit. I got a call this past Monday saying that I have yeast in my stool samples. They put me on another RX (diflucan or something like that) that I will take for a week. It is supposed to clear up fungus I think. They also referred me to a gastroenterologist. I haven't made an appointment yet but will do it. I am just glad that the bad heartburn and nausea are gone. That was the week that my angel wasn't sleeping like an angel which made it tough on both of us. Thankfully I am feeling soooo much better this week and we are enjoying playing together again.

Evvy had her first doctor's appointment last Wednesday. She was pretty good. Definitely didn't like having her ears looked at. She peed on the doctor when she took the diaper off to examen her. Then came the traumatic part. They took 3 tubes of blood from her arm. She doesn't have very good veins but they finally found one to work with and she only had to get poked once thankfully. The lab tech was really good. Evvy screamed the whole times. It seemed like an eternity. She bounced back pretty well though when I gave her some fruit puffs. The girl loves those fruit puffs. They cure all! Now I am just anxiously awaiting the results of the lab tests. They run a whole battery of tests on all internationally adopted children to check for everything since we have no medical/family history. They also check the immunity levels from the vaccines that she received in Guatemala to see if any of them need to be readministered.

I will try to post more regularly with at least pictures because I know that is really what everyone wants to see anyway.

Susan

0 comments: