CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Nothing spectacular happened today. I have finished filling out some more government documents to be used for the finalization of the adoption when that time comes. I also filled out my application to take to the Immigration office next Monday. That is my appointment to go and be fingerprinted and submit my homestudy and application to ask permission to bring a child into the country. As I go through this process, it makes me think that if there were such tough guidelines to get pregnant, maybe there would be fewer cases of neglect and child abuse. OK well I guess that is probably not feasible.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my adoption coordinator to sign some more paperwork for my dossier. She also has to give me an updated page to my homestudy. She forgot to include my CPR certification information in the homestudy and I guess that is one of the things that they look at.

I am starting to tell more people about the adoption now and it is encouraging to feel their support. You always wonder what people might think about someone choosing to be a single mother. It was not an easy decision to make and I didn't take it lightly. I think that I can be a good mother and offer a good home to a child. If I didn't think so, then I wouldn't be going through all of this. I have a good life but I think there is more to life than what I have right now.

Well, I need to go to bed. Maybe I will get some pictures of my current children (2 cats) posted soon. I have some pretty cute ones of them checking out the nursery.

Thanks for reading.
Susan

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"As I go through this process, it makes me think that if there were such tough guidelines to get pregnant, maybe there would be fewer cases of neglect and child abuse. OK well I guess that is probably not feasible."

AMEN SISTER!

Susan, I totally agree with that statement. As a teacher, I have heard others say and I have said this same type of thing before!

Sorry it has taken so long to log on to your blog. It is great! It excites me to know that our baby will have a "twin" cousin! The family reunion next year should be tons of fun!

I will check back soon for other postings!

Love,
other_mom_2_be