CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Baby's First Quilt

About 6 or 7 years ago, I took a road trip to a quaint little Amish village here in Missouri. I explored the town and found a quilting goods store. I found some nice flannel fabric that I decided that I would like to have. I would make a baby quilt for one of my future children. Well, I cut out the fabric and just decided on a very simple pattern of squares arranged on the diaganol. I cut it out and sewed the top together pretty quickly. I decided that I would hand quilt it since I was not in a hurry. I had still yet to meet the man of my dreams after all. I set the quilt aside and worked on it every once in a while. But in the meantime, I started (and actually finished a few) other quilts. My sister had 3 children and a brother had a child during this time span so I made 4 other baby quilts for my niece and nephews as well as many other baby quilts for friends.

Well, here it is 7 years later and I have finally finished the baby quilt. It feels so nice to have a baby room to put it in to wait for my girl to come home. My mom is making me another flannel quilt and my friend Peggy has told me she has a quilt top done and jus thas to quilt it (she won't let me see it until the baby comes home). I am so glad that I was able to get my quilt done before everyone else. I am very appreciative of the quilts that are being made but it feels nice to say that I made my daughter's first quilt. I hope she can grow up loving quilts. I know that Peggy and I plan to raise our daughters with a love of quilting and hope to start them young!

This quilt was made with much love and anticipation of my little girl cuddling up with me on a cold winter night.

Susan

1 comments:

a said...

It is beautiful!