CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Camping with a 2 year old!

Not as bad as it might sound. Much better than I expected.

Our parks & rec department put on "an itty bitty campout" for children under 7. We signed up and were joined by 2 other 2 year olds, a 3 year old and a 5 year old. We setup camp about 6:00'ish. Evvy thought the tent and air mattress were neat. She immediately knew that the fire was HOT and steared clear of it.

We roasted hot dogs, marshmellows and made s'mores. The kids did a small craft (scrapbook page to put a picture on) and then were visited by Sally the Turtle who talked about turtles. The little kids weren't so interested in that but the 5 year old had lots of questions and answers. Evvy really enjoyed picking up rocks and throwing them over a little bridge and hearing them clatter on the rocks below. Before bed, we took a short hike to the restrooms. Then it was bedtime. Evvy surprisingly went to sleep pretty easily. It was warm but not unbearable. She rolled all over the air mattress all night long. I didn't sleep very well due to the rolling and also my back was hurting me. I then woke up super early with a need to go potty. It was a bit of a hike to the bathrooms and Evvy woke up while I was putting my shoes on. She wouldn't go back to sleep so I got to carry her up a hill with me.

In the morning we had breakfast and then closed up camp. We were home by about 9:30 (we woke up around 5:30 I think--before the sun was fully up). Evvy and I went back to bed and slept for 2 hours and then got up feeling much better.

Here are a few pictures from our first camping trip. Oh yeah, we also got our pictures in the newspaper. We are famous!


















1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Susan, That's awesome that you took Evvy on a camping trip! I'm sure you made lots of great memories. The picture are really good. I hope you guys are having a great summer! We are...just trying to stay cool!

Hugs, Rebecca and Zachary