CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 07, 2008

Awesome!

Evvy's language continues to amaze me. Well she just amazes me in general. Last week after being a very good sport shopping for a new fridge, I rewarded her by taking her for a ride on the carousel at the mall. She had the biggest grin on her face and was just giggling going up and down on the horse. I was standing beside her and asked if she was having fun. She quietly answered "awesome!" Not fun but AWESOME! I did a double take and thought I had imagined it but then the next time we went swimming at the waterpark again she said "AWESOME." She really must like my reaction to it because now she is really experimenting with it. I say, "want to watch a movie?" She says, "Awesome" with a cute giggle.

I can't even begin to write down all of the words and phrases she says now but her vocabulary has exploded and she really gets the context. She is picking up some Spanish too although I have slacked off on the Spanish. I am trying to be better. We were looking at one of her picture books and she said a pretty hard Spanish word "espalda" which means "back" (body part). I was pretty impressed because I hadn't really pushed that one on her much. She knows most of her body parts and most impressively she counts almost to 20 in spanish spontaneously. She counts into the teens in English also. Love Sesame Street and Plaza Sesamo. She is just a big sponge.

Her physical development is pretty amazing also. She climbs, jumps and gallops. I went into her bedroom a couple of weekends again and she was sitting on her changing table petting her kitty cat (with a big grin on her face). She had climbed up the shelves of the table. She is also becoming a pretty good little swimmer. I have started putting her in a life jacket at the water park and we spend the first 30-60 minutes in the "big pool." She is off and swimming before me often. She jumps in from the edge and just takes off paddling and kicking. She flips from front to back and back to front and isn't afraid to get her face in the water. She really likes it when mommy goes under the water. She will push on my head and say "under!" and giggle when I go under and blow a bunch of bubbles. Maybe next year she will be old enough for real swimming lessons because she is way beyond the mommy & me classes. She wants to do the real thing.

Here are a few pictures from tonight at the water park. Unfortunately, there are none of her swimming but she is enjoying her treat after swimming. The girl LOVES ice so I bought her a snow cone. She ate it all and has the red mouth to prove it!

Susan






0 comments: