CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Hola desde Guatemala (email from foster family)

This past week was a little trying. I knew that the director of the agency was in Guatemala so I was checking my email all week looking for pictures. Work was crazy and I put in horrible hours (left 8:30, 9:00 and 10:00 Wed-Fri). So Thursday night at work I was waiting for something to update on the computer and flipped over to my personal email. Again there was nothing in my inbox so I was flipping to clean out my junk mail folder and saw a subject line "hola desde Guatemala (Evelin last name)." My first thought was how did someone get ahold of my personal information? Those darn spammers have hacked into my computer. Then I opened the email and received the best gift I could have imagined.

I had sent a package down with the agency director with a card that had my email address in it. I didn't know if they had email or not but one can always hope. Well apparently they do have access and sent me a nice little note and attached 6 beautiful pictures of Miss Evelyn. There were pictures from July, August and September. It is amazing how much she has changed. The email said that Evvy is doing well and went to the doctor this past week. She weighs 14 1/2 pounds! She said that she eats as a 6 month old should be eating (she is only 3 1/2 months). That's my girl. Loves her bottle. She also says that she loves to be talked to.

I can't believe that 3 weeks from yesterday I will be meeting my daughter for the first time. The crib is getting full of things to take down with me (bottles, binkys, clothes, burp clothes, blankets).

Peggy and I went and bought some gifts to take to the foster family. We went to a store that sells Kansas City stuff. We got a box of Andres chocolates which are some of the best; apple butter from a local cidar mill; jelly; gates bbq sauce and peggy insisted on getting a deck of playing cards that has pictures of Kansas City on them.

Last night when I came home I checked my email and was happily surprised to receive another email from the foster family with yet some more pictures. These pictures show how well she is being cared for. They have one of those little play gyms that you lay the baby under and she is propped on a boppy pillow. I have heard so many stories of some children just laying in their crib all day and not getting enough stimulation. I have no worries about the care that Evvy is receiving. I feel so blessed to have her in such a great foster home with people that are caring for her because of the love that they have in their hearts. I sent an email again offering my thanks for the care and love they are giving my daughter and the response back was that I didn't need to thank them, they are doing it because of the love they have for the children.

In the second email I found out that they live in zone 18 of Guatemala City which is where I lived for 5 months during my mission. It really helps me to know the part of the city where she is living and that I lived there too. We both lived in the same part of the city. That is just an odd coincidence.

Well, without further ado, here are many pictures of my sweet Evvy.


Evvy just shy of 1 month old. "If I don't sleep, nobody sleeps" onsey. What a long skinny body.













August 17, 2006 What a sweet close-up shot of those chubby little cheeks. And look grandma, her eyes are open!





8/22/06 OK so she is sleeping yet again :) Look at that new hair coming in. Does it look red to anyone else?



8/25/06 Bathtime!

8/25/06 I am all clean now!

Sept 14, 2006 Pretty in pink! This is one of my favorites.

Well, I can't get the other pictures to upload wo maybe I will try again later or tomorrow. I should get more new pictures from the agency this week if she gets around to sending them.

3 more weeks til I see the real thing!

Susan

0 comments: