CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 06, 2006

Evvy Smiles! She is in PGN!!

I received a great batch of pictures this week from the agency. I got the first wide awake pictures from the agency. They got her really smiling/laughing.

Yesterday I found out that our case went into PGN (final court in Guatemala) on September 12 the day after the attorney picked up our pre-approval from the Embassy. We probably could have been in a couple of weeks earlier had the embassy actually notified the lawyer that the pre-approval was there when they initially issued it. So we have been in PGN for 3 weeks. Typically you don't get any updates while you are in PGN unless you get "kicked out" for missing/incorrect/bad spelling in the paperwork. So we have been in 3 weeks with no kickouts! It seems the trend is that if you are going to get kicked out it happens in the first 3-6 weeks. Then again there is really no norm in PGN. Some people are only there for 3 weeks and some have been there for more than 6 months. As long as we aren't out in the next 12 days, I will be happy. We can get out in 13 and I will be ecstatic.

Peggy and I are flying out on Oct 19 to go visit Miss Evita. I have been putting stuff in the crib and it is getting a little full. A lot of it is just small gifts for the Foster Family. It is mostly just candy and small mementos from Kansas City and the US (M&Ms, Jelly Bellies, postcards, chocolate covered sunflower seeds, etc).

Tomorrow I am going to go buy an umbrella stroller to take down to the foster family. They requested one to take Evvy on walks. She is pretty heavy and they have been carrying her in a baby carrier (see picture below).

There is a ray of hope still that Miss Evvy will be home for Christmas in Missouri.

Enjoy the pictures.

Evita in the garden courtyard of her Foster Home.















Enough pictures already. I just want to get out of PGN and go home to my mommy!

Happy 4 month birthday Evvy May!

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Anotheramy said...

I dont think the foster mother is feeding her enough, she looks too thin :)

a said...

I had a dream about Evvy...that she could RUN and JUMP at four months! Very advanced little girl you have there!!!