CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 27, 2006

Cats in the Cradle


Well I survived another week at work. Had to answer the question of "how was your trip" and "why are you back at work already?" about 3000 times. But everyone at work is really very nice and supportive.

I did get good news on Wednesday that it is OK to rebook my trip to visit Evvy. I rebooked Peggy's and my flight last night. We will leave next Thursday and return the following Tuesday. Our itinerary is the same as last time. We plan to go to Antigua to sightsee and shop on Friday and then cuddle and play with Evvy Saturday through Tuesday. Then home Tuesday night and back to work on Wednesday.

A twist to this trip is that one of my friends Julie (and husband Mike) received word that they have received clearance by the Embassy to go pick up their daughter. We are using the same Agency so will be at the same hotel. They think there appointment will be Monday or Tuesday (Nov 6 or 7) so they will arrive on Saturday to have their little one brought to them. So we will be in the same hotel from Saturday til Tuesday when we leave. We have joked that it would be great if we could be down in Guatemala at the same time and now it looks like we will be. I'm very happy for them. They have had a bit of a bumpy process due to things out of everyone's control.

Here are a couple of pictures of my cats checking out the crib. I have been keeping the nursery door closed to keep them out but there have been a couple of times when I have gone in and forgot to close the door. One or the other of the cats will disappear (they usually hang out in the living room with me) and when I go looking for them they are curled up in a corner of the crib. It is pretty cute for now since Evvy isn't there but I will have to be careful to keep the door closed when she is sleeping so they don't jump up and nap with her. There have been tragic stories that I have heard of cats loving too much on babies in cribs.

I'll post more later. Gonna spend the weekend packing (unlike Peggy I didn't finish packing last time other than Evvy's stuff). Peggy never unpacked so she is all ready to go!

Susan

1 comments:

Anotheramy said...

Just had to chime in on the cats in cribs situation. Its not the problem youve been led to believe it is. Those horror stories are all old wives tales.
There is no danger beyond the obvious. Cat fur, and the need to wash the bedding more often.
My cats both slept in the empty cribs but quickly learned that a crib containing a squalling kicking child wasnt all that comfortable.