CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Our First Christmas Together

Fast forward one year. Evvy has been home for 8 months and is totally a part of our family. I can't imagine my life without her. She has brought so much joy and happiness to my life. We have so many more Christmases to look forward to together as a family. My life has been so blessed this past year.

Evvy was the first one up on Christmas morning. I don't think it had anything to do with being excited about opening up presents and seeing what Santa brought her. It is just that she is always up at 6:30 (if not earlier) so no sleeping in on Christmas. We went downstairs and put on a quiet video (Baby Einstein) and she was quite content. We waited about an hour and then my niece came downstairs and Grandma and Grandpa woke up. Then my niece woke up my brother and SIL. I am sure they were thinking that all of their kids are older and they should get to sleep in. The joys of having house guests for Christmas.

Evvy was actually pretty laid back. She just sat on the couch and had presents brought to her. She opened them. She didn't really know what do do because some of them required assembly and batteries first. She got the cutest little pink "cat pack" backpack that she really liked. She would walk around with it on.. Very cute. I think we/I did a good job of not going overboard. Of course I gave her two of her big presents several weeks ahead since I knew we couldn't bring them with us. She had also had a little present opening when we had our Christmas with P and her family. It was a very nice day and I just basked in the joy of having my daughter with me and tried to not think of the sadness of last year.

Here are some pictures from this year's Christmas joy.

Susan







0 comments: