CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 07, 2007

Yikes it's been a while

I can't believe it has been a month since I have posted. Well, really I can believe it. Evvy had the croup for a good week and then it was Thanksgiving and now we are in the swing of getting ready for Christmas.

Croup-- not fun. Horrible cough that sounded like a barking seal. She had a fever. The doctor put her on steroids which made her hyper and she couldn't sleep.

Thanksgiving--lots of fun; lots of driving and oh what a cute baby niece. We drove to my baby brother's house in Alabama. It was a 12 hour drive and Evvy was an angel of a traveller. She ws so happy to see Grandma & Grandpa. She warmed up to everyone pretty quickly. She had a great time playing with her cousin Ethan who celebrated his 7th birthday while we were there. Evvy also adored her new baby girl cousin Elise. She is such a little peanut. She turned 7 weeks old while we were there. Evvy would just come up to her and kiss her head or pat her head. She would pull the side of the cradle down to see if the baby was in there.

We are home now for the next 2 weeks. We will then be flying down to Austin to spend a week with my older brother and his family and our parents for Christmas. We will also visit Evvy's great-grandma who can't wait to meet her. She has been so supportive of me becoming a mother. She calls and tells me how happy she is for us. I also want to take Evvy to San Antonio to the zoo and river walk.

We put up our tree last weekend and Evvy keeps crawling under it and sitting behind it in the corner. Often both her and one of the cats are sitting behind or under the tree. I had such a good shot of her tonight but of course by the time I went to get the camera, she was on the move.

We are going to have her portrait taken tomorrow morning. Hopefully we will get some good shots. We are then going to P's to make gingerbread houses.

The weather is supposed to be yucky this weekend. We had our first snow yesterday and Evvy really liked touching it. She likes her hat and mittens (we need to get some boots to keep her feet dry. I will have to get some pictures this weekend. It was dark out when we were out playing/shovelling last night.

I will post some pictures in a bit. Evvy is cranky and needs to go night night. She hasn't been sleeping well since she got sick 3 weeks ago. Which means that I haven't had good sleep in about 3 weeks.

I will try to be better at posting.

Susan

0 comments: