CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Last Christmas--Evvy's first Christmas

This Christmas was such a contrast to last Christmas. Last year I had visited Evvy in November and was waiting anxiously for news that she could come home. I had not made any plans to go anywhere for Christmas because I was expecting the call to go back and get my girl.

Last Christmas I was missing my angel baby and wanting her so badly. I remember hitting the send/receive button on my email hundreds of times hoping for pictures of Evvy. Thankfully she was with a wonderful foster family that was good about sending me pictures but the pictures didn't arrive until after Christmas.

I spent Christmas Day with my good friend P and her family. It was fun watching her kids open presents. Her daughter was just over 2 and got a kitchen for Christmas with all the stuff that goes with it. It was a magical Christmas for her. I could only imagine the magical Christmases to come with Evvy. I knew they would come.

I don't know much about Evvy's first Christmas except that she was with a very loving family that adored her and took such good care of her. I know that they took her to see all of the different Nativities that were displayed at the different Churces in Guatemala City. I also know that she liked the fireworks that they shoot off Christmas (and many other times) in Guatemala. I was told she wasn't afraid at all.

Here are a couple of pictures of Evvy from last Christmas.

Evvy with her foster father.

Visiting Nativities at various churches.

My happy girl.

0 comments: