CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 01, 2007

I need a Kleenex please!

So this is about how much Kleenex we have gone through the past couple of days. Actually, it might have been a little more than this because we worked through all the crumpled ones pictured here and got down to the few remaining in the box.

I was working on the computer one morning and Evvy, who is much more mobile now, had pulled a box of Kleenex off of the table and was sitting very happily plucking them one at a time out of the box. Luckily she hadn't started shredding them yet because we definitely needed those Kleenexes this week. We have both had very runny noses. But today my girl really was cranky and kept grabbing at her ears. I debated for a bit but finally decided to take her to the doctor's office. I LOVE my doctor's office. They actually have an urgent care clinic open on the weekends. By the time that I decided that she might be sicker than just the runny nose, it was 4:30. The urgent care closes at 5:00. I threw her in the car and luckily remembered how to get there. We were in and out super quick. It takes about 15 minutes to get there and so we arrived at 4:45 and we were out by 5:00. The nurse practioner that saw her, looked in both ears (after cleaning the wax out) and declared that she has a double ear infection. Luckily it looks like we caught it early before it got oozy. Having never experienced the oozing ear infection, I am grateful to not have to at this point. She has a RX for amoxicillan which should clear up the infection.

What did I learn from this experience? Trust your instincts. My girl is so happy most of the time and she wasn't just sitting her screaming non-stop BUT she was waking up screaming from her nap (she usually wakes up happy), would scream when I put her down and just was overall cranky. I could have just chalked this up to the fact that she has a gunky nose and is teething (cut through 2 this week and I think she is working on at least 2 more and maybe some molars too). But at one point, she just grabbed both of her ears at the same time. She has always grabbed at her ears when she is tired or nervous but this was different. Even as I was driving to the doctor, I doubted myself. But then I thought, if she isn't sick that is even better but better to be safe than sorry. It is so hard when they can't talk and tell you what is wrong.

Hopefully she will feel better soon. Luckily, she is still pretty good natured still even being sick, just much more clingy and needy.

Susan

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, We're at our daughter's near Boston, on our way to ME. She has a laptop and I can freely access your blog here. Loving the pictures and accounts of life with your precious little girl! Hope the kleenex episode was the beginning of recovery from sickness! Hope you're having a good summer! Love, Mary