CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 06, 2007

One Year ago....

One year ago today I first saw pictures of my beautiful daughter. It seems just like yesterday. I refer to that day I first saw her picture as the day that she was born into my heart. So much has happened in the past year. I first totally fell in love with the pictures I received of my daughter and hearing all about her from her wonderful foster family. Then I met her in November and truly fell in love with her and felt like I was really her mother. Then the agony of going through the court system just made me love and want her home with me all the more. Then the magical day that she was placed in my arms forever. The last year I have changed in so many ways. I don't focus so much on what I need but what does Evelyn need. I have always dreamed of being a mother and it still seems surreal sometimes that I am indeed Evvy's mother. But every night as we read get our pajamas on, read our night time stories and rock and have a bottle as she totally cuddles into my chest, it feels so right. She is my daughter and I will do all in my power to protect her for the rest of her life. She truly completes me and brings so much happiness and joy into my life.


These pictures are the first pictures I saw of Evelyn. The first one is taken when she was placed with her foster family on June 15, 2006. The second one was taken 1 year ago today at her doctor's appointment and the last one is a picture taken 2 days ago on July 4th.


Love you baby girl!

3 comments:

a said...

Happy Born into your heart Day! She is so precious. I am enjoying her so much too...

Rebecca said...

OH Susan...what you wrote was so sweet. I brought tears to my eyes. I know exaactly how you feel. It is the most wonderful feeling ever.

I hope things are going great in every aspect of your life.

Love, Rebecca and Zachary

Anonymous said...

Awww Susan look how much she has changed and grown. Sooo beautiful both then and now. Kemry has that same little 4th of July outfit too! :) I love it! Here she is in it http://thecashcrew.blogspot.com/2007/07/last-night-we-went-over-to-my-parents.html#links