CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Flying Lessons with Grandpa

Grandma and Grandpa flew in for a quick visit this week. They arrived Sunday evening and left this morning (Wednesday). Dad bought a small airplane back in June and is enjoying flying around visiting family. Mom & Dad were at a family reunion in St Louis so they flew on over since they were in the neighborhood. It only took them a little over an hour (1 hour 9 minutes to be exact) to fly across the whole state. Much better than driving. They flew into a small regional airport that is only about 15 minutes from our house. Very convenient. We went and picked them up Sunday evening when they landed. Evvy got to sit in the "pilot's seat." Grandpa hopes she is bitten with the flying bug! She remembers grandma and grandpa very well. She about jumped out of my arms into Grandpa's arms at the airport. It was very sweet. She enjoyed snuggling up with Grandma too. Grandma had the magic touch putting Evvy to sleep. She slept until 8:30 the first morning they were here and took 2 naps. When Grandpa was in charge the next morning she didn't nap. He didn't want her to be lonely and couldn't just leave her in the room (sigh).


We had a nice visit and were able to go swimming Monday night. Evvy showed Grandpa & Grandma how much she LOVES to swim. She would go under water and pop back up (with help of course) and just laugh and want to go again.

Here are a few pictures that we took at the airport with Grandma and Grandpa. They will be back in 2 weeks to babysit while Evvy's regular babysitter goes on vacation.

Susan

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Susan!!! I hope you and Evvy are doing great!!! She is so beautiful!!!!! We need to chat on the phone soon. Send me your number when you get a minute. My email is rsteen@Prodigy.net. Take care and I'll talk to you soon. Hugs, Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan! I had no idea you had a blog! I'm so glad I found it out. I love seeing pictures of gorgeous little Evvy! LOVE the flying lessons shot.

Ruthanne said...

Hi Susan. I found your blog through Jules. LOVE the pictures of Evvy in the airplane--too cute.
I was reading about your first day of daycare and feeling nervous. Andrew's not home yet, but that's the one day that I feel anxious about. I'm a single mom too. I'm going to be checking in here for good 'tips'.
btw: I'm "fochtru" over on a.com