CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Small shopping trip

I decided to stop in at this close out/damaged good store last night on my home from the gym and eating dinner. It is pretty hit and miss finding something that you are actually looking for when you go in but if you go in without any expectation of finding something specific, you can usually find somethings that you need. So I went in specifically to see if they had a recliner or rocker. I need one before Miss Evelyn comes home so that we can sit and cuddle and rock together. No luck finding one there but I did take a trip down the baby isles and found some miscellaneous baby supplies. I felt like a real mom buying just the few things that I bought. I have only bought a few clothes up until now. I didn't even buy anything big but it felt good. I bought some disposable bibs (good for eating out and traveling); baby bottle liners (I plan on using the Playtex bottles); medicine dispenser syringe thing (hopefully won't need it much); travel size baby powder; 4 child size toothbrushes (they were only 4/$1); and then some bubbles for when we go to visit.

Then I went across the street to the library to pickup two big bags of books, videos and CDs that I had found on the online catalogue. They are all about Guatemala (mostly children's books) and a couple on talking to children about their adoption stories in very basic stories in kid language. Kind of like how to answer the question, where do babies come from. Most parents talk about how their child came out of mommy's tummy. I can't exactly use that line. I am looking forward to reading these books. Kids books are so much funner and faster than adult books!

Slowly but surely I am figuring out what I need to get done before Evvy comes home. I am working on distinguishing between what is necessary (formula, diapers, clothes, car seat) and all the extra bells and whistles.

Susan

0 comments: