CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 14, 2006

New Pictures!

This morning I received an email with pictures from my agency that were taken this weekend. I haven't received the official 2 month medical update but according to the report I received Evvy is around 11#. That seems incredible to me that a baby could go from 4#12oz at birth to 6#1oz at one month to 11# at 2 months. I guess it is good that she is eating and growing. Her cheeks are so cute. It also looks like her Foster Mother (Julietta) has pierced her ears. I was a little shocked to see that. I was hoping to not have to deal with pierced ears until she was old enough to take care of them herself. Oh well, it is kind of cute.

My friend Peggy has been taunting me that she is making Evvy a quilt but she wasn't going to show it to me until Evvy came home. Well she slipped up a little yesterday by leaving it out in the living room. I probably wouldn't have noticed it had she not said something. So the surprise is out. It is very pretty! It is made of batik fabrics (pinks & purples) and will go perfect with her room. The quilting is absolutely going to be gorgeous. Peggy makes very tiny stitches (9 per inch). Mine are much bigger. She has her work cut out for her to get it done before Evvy comes home. She is a little relieved because she can now work on it when I am around instead of just in secret. Evvy is going to have a room full of quilts! That should help us save on the heating bill in the winter (just kidding).

I also received a CD of bedtime music from my mom today. I think I will have to give it a test drive tonight.

Well, without further adieu, here are the pictures of my little angel.

Grandma's comment was does she wake up or cry? We only have a couple pictures with her eyes open! What a life, eat, drink, sleep and no worries!



















Help! I'm blinded by my cheeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's gorgeos. Makes me think of all the beautiful little girls living in tragic poverty. How wonderful that Evvy will escape that. I hope you're brushing up on your braiding skills...I'm sure she'll have mile-long hair by the time she's walking!

a said...

I have not taunted you! Just excited to show other people...not my fault you were there too... :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, Just back from our trip to Europe and trying to get used to the big time change. Here at our daughter's near Boston - she has a computer and I'm able to look at those beautiful pix of Evvy! What a treasure! I hope that the time goes by very quickly so that you can hold her in your arms and welcome her home! Love, mary