CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Short Update

Recently it seems that a lot of people that have been submitted to PGN (the big court in Guatemala) and then kicked out for missing accent marks on their paperwork. So last night I pulled out the Power of Attorney that I signed and sent to Guatemala with my case and compared it to Evvy's birth certificate. Well, there were two accent marks missing on the Power of Attorney. So I emailed my Social Worker last night and asked her if she thought we should redo the Power of Attorney. I also asked her if she could get me an update about our progress through Family Court.

She emailed me this morning and said that the agency director said that we should go ahead and redo the POA with the correct accent marks so that we could get it down to Guatemala before the case gets to PGN. So I went over and signed it this afternoon and my Social Worker notarized it. Now it has to be sent to the Missouri Secretary of State to be "certified" and then off to the Guatemalan Consulate to be "authenticated" and then down to the attorney in Guatemala. I am grateful we are getting this taken care of before we get into the final court as the reviewers are very picky and this could cause several weeks of delay.

My social worker also was able to find out that Evvy's birth mother has been interviewed by the Guatemalan social worker and we are just waiting for the report to be written up. Also still waiting on the pre-approval from the US Embassy to move forward with the case. After these two things are completed (and my new POA arrives in Guatemala) we are ready to go to PGN. There were over 80 cases released from PGN for the month of August (as of Monday 8/28) from one of the adoption forums that I participate in online. This is the biggest month this year which is great since the last several months have been extremely slow. It looks like the average stay in PGN is around 6-8 weeks if there are no problems with the paperwork.

Also, my friend Peggy received her passport in the mail so we can go down and visit little Evvy. I am still waiting until our case enters PGN so that the wait after coming home won't seem so long.

Just a short update tonight.
Susan

0 comments: