CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

We have a tradition that we make gingerbread houses every year. We made them occasionally when I was younger but I think it became a yearly tradition with my brother's family when I visited them one year. My nephews were pretty young back then and they are both in college now. So the tradition has been going on for quite a while now. For the past many years I have also been making the houses with my BFF and her kids. Evvy and I made one last year at my brother's house but Evvy was still pretty small. This year was her first year of really decorating one "by herself." My girl loves candy. You would think that she ate it all the time by the way she talks about it and oohs and ahhs about it or maybe that is a sign that she doesn't get it very often and is excited when she does get it.

Evvy really enjoyed putting the candy on the house and into her tummy. I think she put 2 on the house and then one in her mouth. She had a couple of moments of tears when I wouldn't let her eat the gingerbread man and the candy off the house. We finally decided that we would let the kids eat the men but they really just ate the candy and frosting off of them.

OK. Have to write a sidenote of what my DD is doing right now. She is watching Pooh and the scene where Tigger has climbed the tree and is scared to jump down. So Evvy decided she needed to climb a tree also. Um, the only tree in our house is the Christmas tree. She was seriously contemplating climbing it. She was looking for where she could put her feet and hands.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of our fun day with our dear friends.

Fine motor skills!


Concentrating hard.


This is FUN!


This is hard to turn it for the camera. Don't drop it!


Time Out! I wanna eat it now!

This is the best part!

Don't be scared, I won't bite your head off little man.

Caught red handed


No one's looking, right?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow...look at all of that talent. You need to pass some my way. I hate to think what a gingerbread house would look like if I tried to decorate it. ;-)) Evvy looks like she's really in to it.

I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!!

Love, Rebecca and Zachary

Judi and Elaina said...

What a great little artist you have there!!! I love her concentration and the time-out pic looks very familiar:)!! Tell Peggy and her kidddos that I love their houses too and wish everyone a Merry Christmas!!!

Lisa said...

She is so adorable. I am hoping and praying we get legit snow here (not just ice) this winter because I think my daughter will enjoy it as much as your does!