CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

First Snow of the Year

Today we had our first real snow of the season. I say YUCK. My normal commute home takes 25-30 minutes. Today it took 2 hours. I could hardly get Miss E to the car from the sitter's house. She had to stop and grab handfuls of snow to eat. She LOVES snow. She loved it last year and would always want to eat it. This year is no different. When we got home, she got her boots on and went outside and stomped around in the snow and ate handfuls of it. She got mad at the mittens which impeded the amounts of snow she could pick up and stuff in her mouth. Besides, when she tried to wipe the snow off her face, the mittens really didn't help, they made her get more snow all over her face. So she took the mittens off and continued eating and throwing snow. Then she said she wanted to take her coat off. I told her we had to go in if she took her coat off because it was too cold. So she goes inside willingly and takes her coat off and then wants to go back outside without the coat. Being the love and logic mother that I try to be, I let her go back outside without the coat (just her hat and boots). She is standing there shivering with her hands out. She ate a handful of snow and just stood there trembling. I told her to go inside which she did but then she got mad and started crying because she really wanted to be out in the snow. Such a dillema--hates the coat, loves the snow, hates being cold....

So we compromised. I went and got a bowl and went outside and filled it with snow. She then sat at the table and ate every last flake while I made dinner. It was pretty funny.

So one of us is happy that winter is here. It is NOT me.

Oh and just a disclaimer on the video. This girl is a sponge and repeats EVERYthing. The stupid was not in response to the question of "do you have the best mommy in the world." She was just repeating what I had said about a driver on the way home who pulled out in front of us on an icy road. Gotta watch my mouth :)












This is better! Snow in the warmth of my own home!



1 comments:

Judi and Elaina said...

Evvy is so cute in her hat and coat-even if she doesn't like them. You are a GREAT and smart Mommy to bring snow inside. See you this weekend!!!

Judi