CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 15, 2007

One week down!

Well Evvy and I survived our first week of mommy working and baby going to the sitter. After the first day of being sad and crying she has been fine. She really enjoys the sitter's girls (8, 6, 4) and then her best friend Erica goes on Wednesday mornings.


She greets me each evening with the biggest smile and laugh that it warms my heart. She starts flapping her arms and legs for me to pick her up. Heartwarming but also heartbreaking that I can't be with her all day. The only issue so far is that she isn't napping very well. We think it is because their is so much going on in the house and next week J is going to try to put her to sleep upstairs away from the commotion of the other kids.

Work for me was VERY busy as I figured out all the outstanding issues with the new system integration so that I could test fixes and communicate semi-intelligently about the issues with IT and Business people. Luckily many of the issues seem to be resolved/fixed with only a few more major issues left.

At the end of each day, Evvy and Mommy are very tired. There were several days that she was asleep by 7:00. I have been to bed much earlier also. I have to get up about 45 minutes earlier to make sure I have everything ready for both of us for the day. Luckily Evvy has slept very well and through the night except for one night when she fell asleep after having only taken 1/2 her bottle. I think she was just hungry come 3:00am. She went back to sleep and I had to wake her up to go to the sitters.

Here are a few of the portraits that we had done last week. We go pickup the actual prints on Monday. I was pleased with some of the good shots that were captured.

Susan

8 comments:

a said...

Yea! You survived the first week of back to work!!! The pictures are so adorable.

Katie said...

Very cute pictures !!

Anonymous said...

Hello. I really like your blog site. I came upon it while searching for reviews of Adoption Partners. I really couldn't find very many reviews regarding the agency. I was wandering if we could discuss your experience with them, good or bad. I would really appreciate it. There web site looks great. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't too good to be true. Please email me at fruitylizardsong@yahoo.com Oh, my name is Elizabeth. Thank you for your time.

Susan said...

Liz,
I sent you an email regarding your question. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is (especially in this case).

Susan

Kylie's Mommy said...

The pictures are great!
I love her smile!!

dottie
www.journeytng.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

Susan,

I LOVE the pictures and so does Zachary. He must remember Evvy because he just smiles and smiles at her pictures. I really love the picture of both of you together. It's awesome!!!You and little Evvy look SO happy!!

Glad we all made it through our first week back at work. I hope it continues to be this easy. ;-))

Hugs to you both!!

Rebecca and Zachary

Unknown said...

Your haircut is so cute!

Unknown said...

You both are GLOWING!! :-)
-Jennifer