CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Going back to work tomorrow

Today is my last full day before I go back to work tomorrow. I'm a little sad and reality hasn't hit yet. I am just enjoying sitting her watching my baby girl play and read. She has changed so much in the past 2 months.

Yesterday we went and had her carseat switched to front facing and one of the volunteers offered to hold her while I filled out the paperwork. The volunteer was one who helped install the carseat rear facing before Miss Evelyn came home so she remembered me and the adoption story. She was very sweet. When she went to the lady, Evelyn looked around to make sure I was still there and saw me but she started crying and reached out for me. Can I tell you I have never been so happy to see her cry! It is a definite sign of attachment. Not that I was really worried but it does sho that she will not just go to anyone.

Hopefully she will do well at the sitters tomorrow. I am a little worried but I am sure she will be fine. She has been to Jeanie's house and met the girls and been to the park with them twice. I think it will probably be harder for me. I wish I didn't have to go back to work but obviously it is a necessity if I want to be able to feed and provide for my sweet girl.

Send me lots of good vibes tomorrow! I know moms do this everyday but it is my first time and I haven't been a mom very long.

Susan

2 comments:

a said...

Sending you my good vibes...

Rebecca said...

Susan, I went back to work today too. I'm sure you are tired tonight just like me. ;-)) Zachary did great at daycare and I hope Evvy did too. I hope you have a great week. Hugs, Rebecca