CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Life goes on...

Well, still no letter in the mail from USCIS (Immigration). I did getg bold last week after waiting a month and no word. I found a local phone number for the USCIS office her in Kansas City. I finally figured out how to work around the phone system to actually speak to a real person. I ended up talking to the actual person who has my case file on his desk. He said that he has everything in the file and that it would be processed. When I ask for an indication of a time frame, his answer was "give or take 90 days." I think that is just a standard non-commital answer instead of saying, "I'll get to it when I get to it." The average time for approval has been 2-6 weeks in the past. My adoption coordinator said it has been running more like 8 weeks for families recently. So, I will give it another couple of weeks before trying to call again. At least I know the name of the person handling my file and can use the dial by name directory on the automated phone system.

I walked in the American Heart Association annual heartwalk 2 Saturday's ago. I was proud of myself. It was only a 2.5 mile walk but actually ended up walking about 6.5 miles through the course of the day between walking around the park before & after; walking to and from parking area and then walking around Independence town square for another event for Breast Cancer Research fund raiser. I have been trying to walk around the neighborhood every night with my neighbors. My neighbor had a major bypass last year and has walked every day since being released from the hospital. He has lost over 100 pounds by walking and eating right. I usually walk 1-2 laps around the neighborhood which is 1.2 miles per lap. I sure sleep better at night when I exercise. I am trying to get back to consistent vigorous exercise and eating better. I want to be a healthy mom so I can set a good example for my daughter and have a long, active life together.

I took a Guatemalan embroidered wall hanging to be framed this past weekend. I think it is going to be beautiful in the nursery and will be a nice reminder of where she came from. Hopefully she will treasure it for her lifetime. It is really pretty in soft pastel colors. I still have some work to do in the nursery (scrubbing floors, repainting one wall and some other general organization/cleaning out the closet.

I feel like I am stuck in limbo right now....Just waiting on USCIS beauracrat to approve me so that I can meet my daughter (at least through pictures and maybe a video). Then it will be a different sort of waiting as things move through the Guatemalan beauracracy which is probably much worse than the US side. So far, there is still no new updates on the Guatemalan PGN court moving any faster. If things continue to be delayed, it is possible that this process could stretch through the new year. I think that if it does stretch past Christmas, that I may plan a trip to Guatemala for Christmas so I can spend time with my girl. Just have to wait and play things by ear.

Mom & Dad are about 10 months into their Church service mission at the Family History World Wide Support Center in SLC, UT. They will finish in January and move back to TX. Dad will then supposedly work in earnest on finishing the airplane that he has started building. After it is done, they are planning to move "somewhere." They haven't come to an agreement on where to move yet. I have put my vote in to have them move here to be close to their granddaughter and daughter. It would be nice for her to grow up knowing her grandparents. I would enjoy having family around also.

Well, I am going to move the sprinkler, throw a turkey filet on the grill and then go walk (if it has cooled down some).

I am really enjoying using this blog as a way to keep track of my progress (or lack thereof) but also just what is happening in my life.

Susan

0 comments: