CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Still Waiting

Well, I got an email from my adoption coordinator last Thursday saying that she had all of my paperwork for my dossier back from the Guatemalan consulates. Now all we are waiting for is my USCIS (immigration) approval. It has been 4 weeks tomorrow so hopefully within the next week or so I should have the approval back. The waiting is difficult. I find myself coming home every day checking the mailbox and feeling disappointed and frustrated that there is nothing there but junk mail.

My mom is working on a quilt for daughter. It is a pattern that I bought at Christmas time with the intent of making it. However, mom wanted to make a "raggedy quilt" and I told her I had a pattern that I was going to make and if she wanted to that she could use it. I think she is having fun with it and even commented that my dad had been helping with the layout--making sure the fabrics and patterns matched up.

I need to start working on the nursery again. I need to really scrub the floor (bought a scrub brush on Friday). It has a lot of wallpaper/glue stuck to the hardwood that I just need to get down on my hands and knees and scrub. I am looking for a butterfly area rug to put down in the middle of the room.

Yesterday I walked in the American Heart Association heart walk. It was a 2.5 mile walk and there were hundreds of people walking. Our company won the award for the largest contribution. We have a lot of fundraisers for several months leading up to the walk. By the end of yesterday I had walked about 6 miles just from walking around the park, to and from the parking area, the official walk and then I went to our town square yesterday and walked around. My feet were really killing me by the end of the day. I don't know if I have ever had such bad cramps in the feet before. I felt really good about completing the walk. I never really enjoyed walking in the past but now that my neighbors invite me to walk with them every evening, I am enjoying it more. I think it is just funner to walk with people.

Well, just wnated to put a short update out here. Nothing new to report with the adoption other than "still waiting......."

Susan

1 comments:

a said...

We are still "waiting" too! It'll happen before you know it...wee! I'd better get to quilting :)