CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Miss Independent

Evelyn has become very independent in the past month or so. It is really quite a transformation. All of a sudden, she gets up in the morning and goes in and gets dressed all by herself. She can get up and down off the toilet and wipe her own tushy and flush all by herself. She can turn on the bathroom faucet and wash her hands by herself. If I try to help her with just about anything, she firmly tells me she can do it by herself. I also am enjoying the fact that when she gets up on the weekend I can get her to go into her room and play with puzzles, read books or play with her toys by herself and let mommy doze in bed a little longer (I can't really go back to sleep because I am a little too paranoid that she will get into something and hurt herself like I did when I was her age).

One of my earliest memories is from when I was about 3 years old. I was apparently at this independent stages and was going to get myself a drink of water all by myself. We had a glass water bottle in the fridge to keep cold water. I apparently climbed up on to the lip of the fridge and pulled down the water bottle and then proceeded to drop it and fall in the glass. I ended up cutting a tendon in my left hand and having to have surgery. For many years I couldn't make a tight fist and I still have a visible scar on my hand (I always thought it was a pretty cool scar). Anyway, my memory is sitting in the hospital at a little table and having what must have been the doctor come around to check on me--I just remember a man in a suit coming into see me. I don't remember being scared or anything.


Anyway, the point of telling that memory is that I am afraid that Evvy in all of her indendence might try to do something for herself and accidentally hurting herself.


Here is the picture of Evvy that I snapped this morning after she went in to play with puzzles. She got herself "dressed" in a much too small slip that she found recently and she was clicking around the house in her high heal princess shoes. It was pretty amusing and cute.




Reading her card from her BFF.

Didn't quite get everything "untucked"


Susan

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Susan, I'm SO glad to see your posts!! We've missed you and Evvy and have been wondering how you were doing. I have also lost your number. I can't keep up with anything but Zachary these days. ;-)) Looks like you two are doing great...and staying busy. Evvy is so adorable...I'm not surprised she has so many boyfriends. ;-)) Z came home one day and told me that Ava was his girlfriend. I reminded him that mommy is his #1 girlfriend forever and he better not forget that. ;-)) Drop a line when you get a minut....rhsteen@yahoo.com. Talk to you soon girlie!! Rebecca and Zachary