CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 05, 2009

The Carnival!

Every Labor Day weekend our city puts on a wonderful festival. It is only about 5 mins from our house. In years past, I have gone every day to listen to the music, eat the yummy food, shop and just people watch. They also have a decent little Midway area with rides and rip off games. Last year Evvy rode the Merry Go Round and we convinced them that even though she wasn't 36" tall to ride on the "elephant" ride--she was really quite pitiful and cried and cried so they finally let her ride with an older child.

We started by torturing the children and dragging them to the quilt show. There were a few really pretty quilts that I liked. I did get a couple of Christmas presents bought so I guess Christmas shopping season has begun for me.

We went with our best friends and spent too much money riding the rides. I can't believe how expensive it is. I bought 20 tickets for $20 but luckily most of the kiddie rides are only 2 tickets so she did get to ride a lot of rides.

This year, Evvy is 38" tall so had no problem riding the kiddie rides. The first ride she wanted to ride was the Elephant ride. Then P, E, Evelyn and I all rode on the swinging basket ferris wheel. I haven't been on a ferris wheel in many many years. It was a lot of fun and Evvy loved it. She had no fear at all and really enjoyed the view of the city and being above the trees. She also went on a sweet canoe ride with E and then they also went on an alligator roller coaster that went pretty fast. We then rode the Merry Go round of course and ended riding a flying bumble bee ride that went up in the air. I asked Evvy if she was scared when we looked at the pictures tonight and she just laughed and said no. I think I have a fearless girl who is going to love amusement parks as she gets older.

I was a little disappointed with the food this year. It had nothing to do with the food itself. However, I have had a cold, sinus infection, upper respitory infection for the past 3 weeks and have been on antibiotics for 2 weeks. I still can't taste anything but a yucky taste which is a side effect of the latest antibiotic. It is such a waste to buy chocolate or anything and then not be able to taste it. I bought what looked like a really good steakburger with onions and the whole work and bbq sauce. I couldn't taste a thing. Maybe my sense of taste and smell will return b4 the weekend is over and we can go back and try a fried pickle or twinkie and cotton candy.

Here are some pictures from our day.

Susan

2 comments:

Judi and Elaina said...

Great pics Susan-We went today and enjoyed some of the same rides!!! Great minds think alike-I also updated my blog with a couple of overdue posts.

Gardenia said...

Hi nice to meet you. just found your blog through praying for aviana (followers). you have a beautiful daughter. I read a few posts back too. the quilt is gorgeous. i look forward to reading your blog.