CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We had an AWESOME weekend!

I took a day off of work on Friday so that Evvy and I could head down to the 2nd annual MOGUATE weekend at the lake. There were close to 100 people this year which was about double over last year. We met so many wonderful families and saw so many wonderful children who were all adopted from Guatemala.

At the end of this post, I will embed a photoshow of our weekend. Here are a couple of my favorite pictures. In the restaurant where we ate breakfast, there are tons of stuffed animals including bears. Last year when Evvy was still pretty small (not walking yet) I posed her with a bear. I decided that this will be where I take her picture every year to show how much she has changed.
You will also notice the new profile picture. The organizer of the event is a fantastic photographer also and was gracious enough to take family pictures of everyone that wanted them. Evvy and I both were wearing Guatemalan clothes (just the top for me). The outfit that Evvy is wearing is one that I bought for her in Antigua when I went down to visit her when she was 5 months old. A good friend gave her the headband for her birthday this year. Thank you Cindy for the great picture!

So here is last year:

And here is this year:



Here is the photoshow of our weekend.

2 comments:

Judi and Elaina said...

Susan-great photo show!! I think Elaina and Evvy had a great weekend and I sure know that I did. Can't wait for next year!!!

Hugs,
Judi and Elaina

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I love the year difference picture by the bear! Before I read when I first saw it I thought it was a real one! - lol.